A Dutch model painted black from face to toe in French Vogue has triggered angry charges of racism. The photos of model Lara Stone, taken by US photographer Steven Klein, are part of the magazine’s October issue honoring models and photo shoots through history. Many people have found the pictorial to be offensive and think that Vogue should have shown better judgement. Although France may not have the same history of racism that America has. Many have taken this pictorial as an ode to black face. For those who may not know, Black face was a very popular minstrel act that used white people painted in black faces to make fun of African American stereotypes during the 19th century. What is your take on this? You can comment or send email to respond.
- #AtlantaSays: How to Play the Game!
- Mo’Nique Keeps It All The Way Real On Lee Daniels, Hollywood & Being Blackballed Rumor: "I'm Made To Be Vocal" [EXCLUSIVE]
- Strawberry Letter SHMS
- Black Girls Rock!: The 28 Wildly Gorgeous Starlets On The Red Carpet [PHOTOS]
- Wednesday WindDown [PHOTOS]
- See The Latest Video Exclusives From Your Favorite Celebs!