A Dutch model painted black from face to toe in French Vogue has triggered angry charges of racism. The photos of model Lara Stone, taken by US photographer Steven Klein, are part of the magazine’s October issue honoring models and photo shoots through history. Many people have found the pictorial to be offensive and think that Vogue should have shown better judgement. Although France may not have the same history of racism that America has. Many have taken this pictorial as an ode to black face. For those who may not know, Black face was a very popular minstrel act that used white people painted in black faces to make fun of African American stereotypes during the 19th century. What is your take on this? You can comment or send email to respond.
- Maria's Fit Tip | How To Cheat On Your Diet The Sensible Way
- Strawberry Letter SHMS
- First Lady Michelle Obama Stuns In Vera Wang At State Dinner, Shuts Down The Internet [PHOTOS]
- Prince Is Blessing Us With A New Album This Year
- Maria's Fit Tip | Foods That Fight Belly Fat
- 50 Of The World’s Most Beautiful Women Of Color [PHOTOS]