Will Tyler Perry make a full-length feature for Madea Goes to Court? Well, not exactly. It looks as though Perry is being sued for allegedly ripping off the plot to Good Deeds.
Author Terri Donald said Perry’s film Good Deeds was based off of her book Bad Apples Can Be Good Fruit. She went as far as to say she sent a copy to Perry well before the film was even made.
Donald is seeking $225,000 in damages as well as an injunction to add a book credit in the opening and closing credits.
Good Deeds raked in $35 million at the box office.
Tyler Perry Talks “Good Deeds” On “The Steve Harvey Morning Show”
Tyler Perry Lands Partnership With Oprah’s OWN Network
Atlanta Police Officers Cleared Of Racially Profiling Tyler Perry
11 photos Launch gallery
1. Carmen Ejogo, Jordin Sparks and Tika Sumpter at the "Sparkle" screening (135th Street Agency)
1 of 11
2. The "Sparkle" cast make their NY debut at Tribeca Grand Hotel (135th Street Agency)
2 of 11
3. Jordin Sparks (135th Street Agency)
3 of 11
4. Atlanta native and "Sparkle" actor Omari Hardwick (135th Street Agency)
4 of 11
5. Mike Epps at the "Sparkle" premiere (135th Street Agency)
5 of 11
6. Olympic swimming gold medalist Cullen Jones (135th Street Agency)
6 of 11
7. June Ambrose (135th Street Agency)
7 of 11
8. Gabby Sidibe and friend (135th Street Agency)
8 of 11
9. Russell Simmons (135th Street Agency)
9 of 11
10. Derek Luke and wife Sophia (135th Street Agency)
10 of 11
11. Austin Brown (135th Street Agency)
11 of 11