Tracy Martin and Sybrina Fulton spoke shortly after it was announced that George Zimmerman has been charged in second degree murder in the killing of their son, Trayvon Martin.
Tracy Martin thanked “everyone for being compassionate about this.”
“As (Martin’s attorney, Benjamin Crump) said, this is just the beginning. We have a long way to go, and we have faith,” Tracy Martin added.
CNNreported that Trayvon Martin’s parent and their attorneys were at a news conference with the Rev. Al Sharpton in Washington, D.C., where the parents have been visiting an annual conference held by Sharpton’s National Action Network.
Sybrina Fulton also thanked the family’s supporters.
“First of all, I want to say: Thank God. We simply wanted an arrest,” she said. “We wanted nothing more and nothing less, and we got it. And I say thank you. Thank you, Lord. Thank you, Jesus.”
She added: “I want to speak from my heart to your heart, because a heart has no color. I want to say thank you from my heart to your heart.”
Tracy Martin spoke of the marches in which people called for justice for Trayvon Martin.
“The first time we marched, I looked to the sky and said, ‘I will walk by faith,’ Martin recalled. “We will continue to walk by faith. We will continue to hold hands on this journey – white, black, Latino. We will march and march and march until the right thing is done.”
2. “Yes we are eating watermelon ! We love it!!!!!”
2 of 10
3. “On the beach celebrating one year of happy times with my boo”
3 of 10
4. “My Mr. Big”
4 of 10
5. “At Crustations ,about to chow down on some Crab pre Aniversary dinner with TONI”
5 of 10
6. “In Walnut Creek California having lunch . Gotta stop this eating out! Bad for your diet!”
6 of 10
7. “We are at the Whitehouse with My handsome grandson Julez.”
7 of 10
8. “We are at the White House ! What an honor!”
8 of 10
9. “Happy Birthday to my awesome husband, you are definitely getting better with time .69 and fine as wine”
9 of 10
10. “Hello Friends, been mourning the loss of my beautiful brother Skip But I’m back!!!With two of my favorite men”
10 of 10
Continue reading Trayvon Martin’s Parents on George Zimmerman Being Charged: “We Will Walk By Faith” [VIDEO]
Couples We Love: Happy Anniversary Tina Knowles Lawson & Richard Lawson
At the youthful age of 62, <span class="_5u8u">Tina Knowles</span> is still in the midst of her honeymoon with actor <span class="_5u8u">Richard Lawson</span>. Check out some of our favorite photos of the happy couple as they celebrate their first wedding anniversary!