Students from Miami Carol City High have walked out of class, into the street, to protest the shooting of Trayvon Martin.
The students left the school, located at Northwest 34th Avenue and 187th Street, around noon, Thursday, during their lunch break. Dozens walked into the streets, among cars, stopping traffic. Some carried signs.
The students said the march was to show support of the family of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, a boy from Miami Gardens, who was shot dead in Central Florida, while visiting his father in the small town of Sanford. A community watch neighborhood patrolman is alleged to have shot the unarmed teen.
The Police have not arrested the alleged shooter, 28-year-old George Zimmerman, a white Hispanic, sparking nationwide protests.”It happened because we all walked out of class,” said one sophomore participating in the march. “We thought we would get justice for Trayvon, and an arrest has to be made.”
2. “Yes we are eating watermelon ! We love it!!!!!”
2 of 10
3. “On the beach celebrating one year of happy times with my boo”
3 of 10
4. “My Mr. Big”
4 of 10
5. “At Crustations ,about to chow down on some Crab pre Aniversary dinner with TONI”
5 of 10
6. “In Walnut Creek California having lunch . Gotta stop this eating out! Bad for your diet!”
6 of 10
7. “We are at the Whitehouse with My handsome grandson Julez.”
7 of 10
8. “We are at the White House ! What an honor!”
8 of 10
9. “Happy Birthday to my awesome husband, you are definitely getting better with time .69 and fine as wine”
9 of 10
10. “Hello Friends, been mourning the loss of my beautiful brother Skip But I’m back!!!With two of my favorite men”
10 of 10
Continue reading Carol City High School Students Hold Trayvon Martin Walk Out
Couples We Love: Happy Anniversary Tina Knowles Lawson & Richard Lawson
At the youthful age of 62, <span class="_5u8u">Tina Knowles</span> is still in the midst of her honeymoon with actor <span class="_5u8u">Richard Lawson</span>. Check out some of our favorite photos of the happy couple as they celebrate their first wedding anniversary!