Whitney Houston’s body was transported to the East Coast today on Tyler Perry’s private jet, according to TMZ.
Perry, who was in LA to conduct interviews with the press for his upcoming film “Good Deeds,” immediately offered up his private plane to the family as soon as he heard about Whitney’s death.
Houston’s funeral will probably be held somewhere in New Jersey. A memorial service likely will be held Friday or Saturday, CNN reported. The Rev. Jesse Jackson, a close friend of the Houston family, discussed developments with AJC reporter Ernie Suggs.
“I was in New Jersey yesterday and my impression is that [the body is] going there,” said Jackson, who was in Newark on Sunday meeting with Houston’s mother, gospel singer Cissy Houston. “The mother is distraught. She is a woman of strong faith and she has wrestled with her daughter for a long time. She was under the impression that Whitney was coming out of it. She is completely stunned.”
2. “Yes we are eating watermelon ! We love it!!!!!”
2 of 10
3. “On the beach celebrating one year of happy times with my boo”
3 of 10
4. “My Mr. Big”
4 of 10
5. “At Crustations ,about to chow down on some Crab pre Aniversary dinner with TONI”
5 of 10
6. “In Walnut Creek California having lunch . Gotta stop this eating out! Bad for your diet!”
6 of 10
7. “We are at the Whitehouse with My handsome grandson Julez.”
7 of 10
8. “We are at the White House ! What an honor!”
8 of 10
9. “Happy Birthday to my awesome husband, you are definitely getting better with time .69 and fine as wine”
9 of 10
10. “Hello Friends, been mourning the loss of my beautiful brother Skip But I’m back!!!With two of my favorite men”
10 of 10
Continue reading Tyler Perry Flies Whitney Houston’s Body To The East Coast
Couples We Love: Happy Anniversary Tina Knowles Lawson & Richard Lawson
At the youthful age of 62, <span class="_5u8u">Tina Knowles</span> is still in the midst of her honeymoon with actor <span class="_5u8u">Richard Lawson</span>. Check out some of our favorite photos of the happy couple as they celebrate their first wedding anniversary!