Despite Lil Wayne’s claims, Jay-Z is widely considered the best rapper living. His talent has afforded the former Marcy Projects resident trips to St. Tropez and luxury apartments in New York City. As nice as the money is for Jigga, he gives charitable donations to different organizations. Or does he?
According to reports, hip-hop’s biggest figure only gave his own charity, The Shawn Carter Foundation, $6,431 in 2010. Jay-Z walked home with $67 million that year. In the same year, Beyonce made $87 million, after taxes, and contributed nary a copper penny to her husband’s scholarship foundation.
Carter did just perform two sold out shows at Carnegie Hall where the proceeds were split between The Shawn Carter Foundation and the United Way of New York. Tickets ranged in price from $150 – $15,000. We know the total amount of ticket sales raised a nice sum of money for the charities, but exactly how much is actually going to the charities?
2. “Yes we are eating watermelon ! We love it!!!!!”
2 of 10
3. “On the beach celebrating one year of happy times with my boo”
3 of 10
4. “My Mr. Big”
4 of 10
5. “At Crustations ,about to chow down on some Crab pre Aniversary dinner with TONI”
5 of 10
6. “In Walnut Creek California having lunch . Gotta stop this eating out! Bad for your diet!”
6 of 10
7. “We are at the Whitehouse with My handsome grandson Julez.”
7 of 10
8. “We are at the White House ! What an honor!”
8 of 10
9. “Happy Birthday to my awesome husband, you are definitely getting better with time .69 and fine as wine”
9 of 10
10. “Hello Friends, been mourning the loss of my beautiful brother Skip But I’m back!!!With two of my favorite men”
10 of 10
Continue reading Is Jay-Z Cheating His Own Charity Out Of Money?
Couples We Love: Happy Anniversary Tina Knowles Lawson & Richard Lawson
At the youthful age of 62, <span class="_5u8u">Tina Knowles</span> is still in the midst of her honeymoon with actor <span class="_5u8u">Richard Lawson</span>. Check out some of our favorite photos of the happy couple as they celebrate their first wedding anniversary!