Today, Mozilla has joined the virtual strike against Internet censorship – along with others like Wikipedia and Google – to raise awareness of US Congress legislation that could fundamentally alter the Internet we know and love.
The harmful legislation, called the Stop Online Piracy Act in the House and the PROTECT IP Act in the Senate, will be voted on as early as January 24th in the Senate.
What makes this legislation so bad? Here’s how it would change the Web:
1. Communication platforms – from YouTube to Facebook to Amazon – could be shut down if a single rights holder alleges a violation.
2. It would make the Web less stable and less secure.
3. Social networking sites, like Twitter or Facebook, could be forced to track and control user behavior, stunting innovation and undermining free expression.
4.Your Internet provider could be required to inspect all of your traffic and browsing.
2. “Yes we are eating watermelon ! We love it!!!!!”
2 of 10
3. “On the beach celebrating one year of happy times with my boo”
3 of 10
4. “My Mr. Big”
4 of 10
5. “At Crustations ,about to chow down on some Crab pre Aniversary dinner with TONI”
5 of 10
6. “In Walnut Creek California having lunch . Gotta stop this eating out! Bad for your diet!”
6 of 10
7. “We are at the Whitehouse with My handsome grandson Julez.”
7 of 10
8. “We are at the White House ! What an honor!”
8 of 10
9. “Happy Birthday to my awesome husband, you are definitely getting better with time .69 and fine as wine”
9 of 10
10. “Hello Friends, been mourning the loss of my beautiful brother Skip But I’m back!!!With two of my favorite men”
10 of 10
Continue reading Why Is The Internet On Strike Today?
Couples We Love: Happy Anniversary Tina Knowles Lawson & Richard Lawson
At the youthful age of 62, <span class="_5u8u">Tina Knowles</span> is still in the midst of her honeymoon with actor <span class="_5u8u">Richard Lawson</span>. Check out some of our favorite photos of the happy couple as they celebrate their first wedding anniversary!