According to DJ Scratch, producer and longtime DJ for EPMD, Erick Sermon suffered a heart attack on Saturday November 12th. The 42-year-old MC and producer from Long Island is “doing ok” but Scratch is asking fans to keep him in their prayers.
Scratch also mentioned that Sermon was not on Twitter and that account claiming to be Erick is a fake.
The news comes just days after one of Sermon’s peers, Dwight “Heavy D” Myers, died suddenly at age 44 and just weeks after rapper Rick Ross suffered two seizures in one day.
Former Def Jam label mate Nikki D wrote on her Facebook page that Erick Sermon is “doing well, up laughing and joking.”
Kim Wingate, a close friend of Sermon and owner of justshuddup.com, told Allhiphop.com that high blood pressure was to blame for the attack.
Sermon, aka The Green Eyed Bandit, is best known for recording and performing as EPMD with his partner Parrish Smith, but has been a musical force in hip-hop and R&B for many years. He scored a Top 40 hit in 2000 as a solo artist with the Marvin Gaye featured “Music.”
2. “Yes we are eating watermelon ! We love it!!!!!”
2 of 10
3. “On the beach celebrating one year of happy times with my boo”
3 of 10
4. “My Mr. Big”
4 of 10
5. “At Crustations ,about to chow down on some Crab pre Aniversary dinner with TONI”
5 of 10
6. “In Walnut Creek California having lunch . Gotta stop this eating out! Bad for your diet!”
6 of 10
7. “We are at the Whitehouse with My handsome grandson Julez.”
7 of 10
8. “We are at the White House ! What an honor!”
8 of 10
9. “Happy Birthday to my awesome husband, you are definitely getting better with time .69 and fine as wine”
9 of 10
10. “Hello Friends, been mourning the loss of my beautiful brother Skip But I’m back!!!With two of my favorite men”
10 of 10
Continue reading UPDATE: Erick Sermon Recovering From Heart Attack
Couples We Love: Happy Anniversary Tina Knowles Lawson & Richard Lawson
At the youthful age of 62, <span class="_5u8u">Tina Knowles</span> is still in the midst of her honeymoon with actor <span class="_5u8u">Richard Lawson</span>. Check out some of our favorite photos of the happy couple as they celebrate their first wedding anniversary!